A Complete Guide to Celebrating International Women's Day in Singapore 2023
International Women's Day is a time to reflect on the progress women have made, and to look ahead to the challenges that still remain. In Singapore, we've come a long way, but there's still work to be done.
This year, International Women's Day falls on Thursday, March 8th. In recognition of this special day, we've put together a step-by-step guide on how you can celebrate International Women's Day in Singapore 2023.
History of International Women's Day
International Women's Day is a special day that celebrates the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. It was first observed in 1911 and has been observed annually since then.
This year, International Women's Day falls on Wednesday, 8th of March. Here in Singapore, there are a host of events and activities that you can get involved in to mark the day. From talks and exhibitions to performances and workshops, there's something for everyone!
We've put together a handy guide with all the details you need to know about celebrating International Women's Day in Singapore. Take a look and start planning your day now!
How to Celebrate International Women's Day in Singapore 2023
This year, International Women's Day falls on Saturday, March 8th. Here's a guide on how to celebrate in style:
1. Wake up early and enjoy a leisurely breakfast with your loved ones. Surprise her with a decorated table; put some flowers and a stylish reed diffuser that makes the table smell good, and looks fancy.
2. Spend the day shopping for presents for the women in your life. Singapore is home to a wealth of gorgeous boutiques and artisanal stores, so you're sure to find something special for every woman on your list.
3. Head to one of Singapore's many amazing restaurants for an unforgettable dinner experience. Indulge in a lavish spread of international cuisine and raise a toast to the women you love.
4. Round off the day with a night of fun and entertainment. Catch a show at one of Singapore's world-class theaters, or party the night away at one of the city's hottest nightclubs.
Ideas for Gifts to Celebrate International Women's Day
Looking for some ideas on what to get your favorite lady for International Women's Day? Here are a few suggestions:
1. A day spa voucher
2. A nice piece of jewelry
3. A scented gift of her favourite smell
4. Tickets to a show or a concert
5. A basket filled with her favorite treats
Promotions for International Women's Day in Singapore
Emotions have a smell, and they will pleasantly spread around. Maybe that's why we will naturally be drawn to a positive person. Here are some promotions Shiora offers to celebrate this year's International Women's Day. You can gift them to your girlfriend, wife, or especially your mom, who always knows you the best.
1. Customised Scent Essential Oil Reed Diffuser
Events to Celebrate International Women's Day in Singapore 2023
There are a tons of events planned to celebrate International Women's Day in Singapore 2023! Here are just a few of the things you can do:
- Dress up for ladies' nights in Singapore. Be sure to wear gorgeous outfits for this special day and invite some friends to go with and spice up the party!
- Want a quiet celebration instead? Go for an art jamming studio. Gather your girl team of artists to get creative together. Book now before it runs out of slot!
- Have a girl's outing day at the spa. Pay for a full-day stay at a spa in Singapore and just relax with essential oils scent. Pamper yourself with some therapeutic hydrotherapy bath while admiring the beauty of nature.
- Back to school with a staycation sleepover with your girls. Look for a package deal and shares among your friends. Get some alcohols, snacks, and mini games to play throughout the day. Have fun!
Wishing a Happy International Women's Day in Singapore 2023
To all the women out there, happy International Women's Day! Here's to celebrating all that we've accomplished and everything we have yet to achieve.
Here are some other things you can do to join in the fun:
- Attend one of the many women-centric conferences or talks happening around the city.
- Sign up for a workshop or participate in a discussion group focused on women's empowerment.
- Go on a shopping spree at one of the many pop-up shops and stalls selling products made by women-owned businesses.
- Indulge in a day of pampering at a spa or salon that offers special discounts for International Women's Day.
- Spend time with the important women in your life, whether it's your mom, your sisters, your best friends, or your colleagues.
Women's Day Messages and Wishes for Her
"Your smile makes my heart sing. Thank you for being such a wonderful woman in my life."
"Just wanted to thank youfor being the inspiration of my life. Wishing you a day filled with goodness and warmth."
"She is a Dreamer, she is a believer, she is a doer, she is an achiever, and that she is "you". Happy Women's Day."
"You're not a Princess, you are my Queen."
"I have to thank this day for giving me another chance to show how much you mean to me. Happy Women's Day."
Resources for Further Learning About International Women's Day
If you're interested in learning more about International Women's Day, here are some resources that might be helpful.
- The United Nations' International Women's Day website: This site has a wealth of information about the history of the day, as well as resources for celebrating it.
- The International Women's Day Singapore website: This site is run by the Singapore Committee for UN Women, and it has information about events and activities happening in Singapore to celebrate the day.
- The Global Fund for Women's International Women's Day website: This site has information about how to get involved with International Women's Day, as well as stories and videos about inspiring women from around the world.
So this International Women’s Day, why not try something different? Why not make it about celebrating all women, everywhere? Here’s how you can make the most of IWD in Singapore in 2023.
Check out our blogs for suggestions on gifts for women.